Wednesday, 14 December 2011

"Its not my wedding (but I'm in charge)"

"It's not my wedding (but I'm in charge)" written by Sharon Naylor and published byKensington Books 2007. I am writting this review on my phone so please bear with me and my arthredic hands. I found this fun title on a turning book display at our local library and it was marked under Christian Fiction. as i return the book this afternoon I have to report that christian fiction it is not. "its not my wedding..." begins with wedding planner Mylie Ford running to her bank imaging all the fun things she could do with the 10million doller check in her pocket. I was so happy to see this kind of humor through out the book. Being written as a first person narritive "its not my wedding" brought you into the hilarious life of celebrity wedding planning. Its not one of those overly humorious books that bores you easily as there are also some sad moments and some moment that make you angry. There were sex scenes in the book though not graphic and the Lords name in vain a few times and the word "crap" once or twice. One of the main characters copes with her husbands affair while another is battling a past of her own and Mylie just cant find Mr.Right. Untill Russel, a personal chef and together they make us laugh and make us angry.  They deal with their personal lives while planning the $10 million wedding for celebritys who end up more friends then clients. This was a fun read and i would read it again but I wouldn't call it christian fiction.     Untill next time..READ

No comments:

Post a Comment